Friday, May 21, 2010

Wide. Open. Spaces.



Sometimes, not only am I a mere speck in the universe, but also a mere speck on the landscape. Look in the following photo.
Just above center, to the right of the two dark spots (Juniper trees), is my tent, and truck. I'm about 1 kilometer away from it in this photo.

How awesome is that? Of course, there was a minor adventure getting out.

I knew going in that there was a chance of rain in the forecast. But, there was an equal chance it would rain any of the next few days, and it had been staying somewhat dry. So, I went in, and all was ok. But I had a thunderstorm for about 30 minutes last night, which turns the ground into gumbo.

I managed to get out all right. But I think the truck could use a cleaning. Also notice that the mud sticks to the tires. So driving n the mud, without traction...always fun. At least the two track was kind of flat. Unlike some drivers, I'm not afraid to get an SUV dirty!

But I really enjoy these wide open spaces. At camp last night, I really felt all alone. I would guess the nearest person was about 5 miles away. At least it seemed that way.

That's all for now. The weather seems to be cooperating so far. I hope it cooperates for the next few days as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment