Sunday, May 9, 2010

Ahhhhh......Mountains!

Well, I'm glad I packed my long underwear! The weather here in Laramie is a bit colder than what it was in Arvada. But that's fine by me. My body was way too used to being in tropical environments.

Laramie seems to be quite a nice town for my home base. Though I have no idea how often I will actually be here once the work actually starts. This week I head to South Dakota for a few days, for job training. One of the four states I have left to visit. It should be fun, and with any luck I will even pick up a new bird or two. We shall see.

My two days here are mostly just getting ready for the field season, which more or less involved shopping. I spent 2 hours in the grocery store yesterday, and the bill was quite large. This is somewhat normal...but the amount was much higher than normal! With luck though, I won't be shopping for that much food again. Much of what I bought was because it was on sale, so I could stock up, plus I had to keep in mind most of my food must be packable for camping.

So, that's about the report for now. Next week's should have more news and pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment